The Asian Centre for Renal Disease and Urology is known for treating diseases across the spectrum of kidney and urinary tract related diseases. With the most sophisticated technology available at the centre, our highly recommended kidney specialists in Patna accurately diagnose and treat your medical concerns related to kidney and urinary tracts. You get the highest level of cure and care at Asian City Hospital Patna’s.
The kidney hospital in Patna’s state-of-the-art technology allows doctors to perform several high-level procedures related to the kidneys (urology) and urinary system (nephrology). Furthermore, the hospital adheres to international standards of patient care and surgeries to keep our patients safe and comfortable throughout.
When do you need a urologist or kidney specialist
You should visit a urologist in Patna if you experience the following symptoms or conditions:
- Back or flanks pain
- Bloody urine
- Deranged Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test results that could indicate prostate cancer
- Male infertility
- Pain in the penis
- Repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Testicular swelling or pain
- Urinary difficulties, whether it be too frequent or infrequent urination
- A urinary stone disease where a kidney stone travels through the ureter, often causing excessive pain from loin to groin
Your healthcare provider or physician may also refer you to a nephrologist if you experience any of the following symptoms or conditions:
- Blood in the urine
- Confusion, focus and memory problems
- Daytime exhaustion with problems sleeping
- Muscle weakness, numbness or cramps
- Pain, stiffness or fluid in the joints
- Reduced taste and appetite
- Reduced urine output without dehydration
- Sudden blood pressure problems
- Sudden weight loss
Urologists and nephrologists at Asian Centre for Renal Disease and Urology, Patna, offer a range of specialised tests and procedures, allowing you to get the best results.
Services Offered by Asian City Hospital
At Asian City Hospital, we strive to make the procedures secure and comfortable for patients. You are always completely informed about every aspect of the procedure. Such measures minimise fear and maximise comfort during surgeries.
The nephrologists offer a range of options for dialysis and the best procedures for a kidney transplant in India.
When your kidneys fail to perform some of their key functions, dialysis is needed. Since kidney failure is usually permanent, dialysis is often a lifelong support system for patients. Thus, the doctors strive to keep them as comfortable as possible.
Dialysis helps your body prevent waste, excess water and salt from increasing in your body. It also helps control your blood pressure while keeping a safe level of chemicals in your blood. The Asian Centre for Renal Disease & Urology offers the following dialysis treatments:
- Haemodialysis: This helps cleanse your bloodstream.
- Nocturnal Dialysis: This dialysis treatment happens while you sleep three or more times a week.
- Plasmapheresis: When you are sick, your plasma’s antibodies can attack your immune system. This procedure replaces the affected plasma with a substitute that allows your immune system to work.
- Haemoperfusion: Another method of blood purification which happens outside the body. Your blood passes through an external machine, gets purified, and re-enters your system.
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This is a different blood filtration method chosen by patients who cannot tolerate the speed of fluid balance changes in haemodialysis. It is also less disruptive, allowing easier work and travel. Often, patients who have some residual kidney function prefer peritoneal dialysis.
Doctors also offer private dialysis sessions and isolated dialysis. Depending on your needs, our skilled and qualified nephrologists choose the right procedure for you.
Services Offered By Asian Centre for Renal Disease and Urology in Patna
The state-of-the-art urology technology allows urologists to perform high-quality, effective treatments for every patient. These include:
Depending on the size of the kidney stone, your doctor prescribes the right treatment path for you. They may perform additional treatments, especially when the kidney stone is too large to pass through your urinary tract. These include:
- Shockwave Lithotripsy: Your doctor uses shockwaves to break up kidney stones into smaller pieces. These pieces pass through your urinary tract.
- Ureteroscopy: Your urologist uses a long tube to find and break up the kidney stone. If the stone is small, they can also remove the stone during this procedure.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): The urologist inserts a tube directly into your kidney and removes the stone. This procedure is reserved only for rare cases when no other option is available.
The top urologists in Patna perform micro, mini, and conventional PCNL procedures, depending on your needs. They also focus on minimising downtime, allowing you to recover as soon as possible.
Enlarged prostates due to excessive prostate tissue often happen with age. At the Asian Centre, urologists can effectively treat this benign condition surgically and non-surgically. The non-surgical method involves drug administration. Meanwhile, the surgeries include:
- TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate): An instrument called a resectoscope is sent through the penis to remove one piece of obstruction tissue at a time. Other such endoscopic procedures include TUIP (Transurethral Incision of Prostate) and TUEVP (Transurethral Electrovaporization of Prostate).
- LASER Surgery: Using a laser, your urologist either vaporises or cuts up the excess tissue. Cutting up is only required in extreme cases.
- Open Surgery: It is only a last resort when the other methods do not work. Endoscopes and laser ensure zero to minimal scarring, reducing recovery time significantly. They are also usually outpatient procedures.
Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery (RIRS)
Specialised urologists use high-quality Holmium lasers to perform RIRS. This method removes your kidney stones without the need for open surgery, making them very safe and reliable. RIRS is especially useful in certain patients with:
- Bleeding disorders
- Complex anatomical kidneys
- Failed past attempts to remove kidney stones
- Kidney tumours
- Large stones
During the procedure, the urologist sends a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope through your urethra to access the area where your kidney stores urine. While it travels, the endoscope identifies kidney stones and blasts them with a laser, allowing them to pass quickly. Your doctor may conduct some pre-operative stenting depending on your needs to make recovery smoother and faster.
After discharge, you will have a urine catheter through which you need to pass at least 2.5 litres a day to keep infections at bay. Your doctor will put you in a recovery room for a 24-hour rest, after which you can return home.
Why should you choose Asian City Hospital?
- Our urologists and nephrologists in Patna offer the latest treatments in their fields.
- The surgeons’ dedication to patient care ensures that they stay updated on the most recent studies and research to continue promising patient safety in every procedure.
- With specialisations ranging across every significant procedure and a keen eye on the transplant waiting list, our specialists prioritise patient needs and healthcare above everything.
- We are equipped with the most modern and sophisticated medical technology to offer the safest procedures possible.
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned earlier, book a consultation with one of our specialists and let us help you have the healthiest body possible!